当前位置

首页 > 口语英语 > 实用生活英语口语 > 美语情景对话 第206期:最喜欢的事情 Favorites

美语情景对话 第206期:最喜欢的事情 Favorites

推荐人: 来源: 阅读: 2.34W 次

Todd: OK, Shawn, I'm going to talk about your favorites.

托德:好的,肖恩,来谈一下你最喜欢的事情吧。

Shawn: Sure.

肖恩:好的。

Todd: What's your favorite color?

托德:你最喜欢什么颜色?

Shawn: I say, green.

肖恩:绿色。

Todd: Green.

托德:嗯,绿色。

Shawn: Yes.

肖恩:没错。

Todd: OK. And what's your favorite fruit?

托德:那你最喜欢什么水果?

Shawn: My favorite fruit: orange.

肖恩:我最喜欢的水果是橙子。

Todd: Orange!

托德:橙子!

Shawn: Oranges. I love oranges. Very sweet and good for the body.

肖恩:对,橙子。我喜欢橙子。很甜,而且对身体有好处。

Todd: Yeah, have you had any of the oranges in Japan?

托德:对。你在日本买过橙子吗?

Shawn: I've had a couple. Much better than the ones I have back in Canada.

肖恩:买过。比我在加拿大买的好多了。

Todd: Oh, really. OK. Um, what's your favorite season?

托德:哦,是吗。那,你最喜欢什么季节?

Shawn: I'd say spring, cause it's a combination of warm weather, at the same time it's not hot like it is in the summer. In spring it's a bit cool. You can walk around very relaxed. It the best. It's a combination of all the seasons in one.

肖恩:春天,因为天气很暖和,同时又不会像夏天那么热。春天稍微凉爽些。你可以悠闲地四处转转。这非常好。春天把所有季节的优点集合起来了。

Todd: OK. what's your favorite movie?

托德:好的。那你最喜欢的电影是什么?

Shawn: My favorite movie! I'd have to say "Gladiator." Russel Crow. It's a tragic movie about a very strong leader who, how-should-I-say, triumphs over, how-should-I-say, over very overpowering conflicts. It's, um, plus, I'm a bit of an action movie buff. I know it's sad to hear but, it's definitely an interesting movie.

肖恩:我最喜欢的电影!那一定是《角斗士》了。拉塞尔·克劳主演的。那部电影讲述了一名强大领袖的悲剧,要怎么说呢,他战胜了强大的对手。嗯,另外,我热衷于动作电影。我知道这听起来很悲伤,不过那绝对是一部有意思的电影。

美语情景对话 第206期:最喜欢的事情 Favorites

重点讲解:
1. a combination of
结合;联合;混合;
eg. Their method of negotiating is a combination of the carrot and the stick.
他们谈判的方法是软硬兼施。
eg. A combination of these two tricks makes for some interesting effects.
这两种戏法的结合会产生一些有趣的效果。
2. at the same time
同时;然而;不过;
eg. She was somehow able to look sad and cheerful at the same time.
她能够做出又悲又喜的神情。
eg. I don't think I set out to come up with a different sound for each album. At the same time, I do have a sense of what is right for the moment.
我不觉得我一开始就特意为每张专辑设定了不同的曲风。然而,我确实知道当时想要的是什么感觉。
3. triumph over
战胜;克服;
eg. The whole world looked to her as a symbol of good triumphing over evil.
全世界都把她视为正义战胜邪恶的象征。
eg. She was confident that she would ultimately triumph over adversity.
她相信自己最终能战胜逆境。