当前位置

首页 > 口语英语 > 实用生活英语口语 > 美语情景对话 第195期:橄榄球 Rugby

美语情景对话 第195期:橄榄球 Rugby

推荐人: 来源: 阅读: 2.64W 次

Todd: OK, Leonard, you're from New ZeAland.

托德:嗯,伦纳德,你来自新西兰。

Leo: Yes. Yes.

伦纳德:对,没错。

Todd: So we're going to talk about your country's national pastime.

托德:我们要谈谈你们国家的国球。

Leo: Oh, that would be Rugby.

伦纳德:哦,那应该是橄榄球。

Todd: OK.

托德:好的。

Leo: Uh, the All Blacks is well known around the world, especially here in Japan.

伦纳德:嗯,新西兰全黑队闻名全世界,尤其是在日本非常知名。

Todd: Uh-huh.

托德:喔。

Leo: Especially if you talk to nearly any Japanese, they'll know the word All Black.

伦纳德:特别是,如果你和日本人说起,几乎所有的日本人都知道全黑队。

Todd: Yeah.

托德:是的。

Leo: It's actually the World Cup, uh, this year, in October.

伦纳德:实际上今年有橄榄球世界杯,在10月份举行。

Todd: Really, where, where is the World Cup?

托德:真的吗?橄榄球世界杯在哪里举办?

Leo: It's actually held in Australia.

伦纳德:实际上是在澳大利亚举办。

Todd: Oh, really!

托德:哦,是吗!

Leo: And around, around, mainly around Sydney.

伦纳德:主要是在悉尼附近。

Todd: OK.

托德:好的。

Leo: And right now is the rugby Tri-Nation Cup, which is a match between New Zealand, Australia, and South Africa.

伦纳德:现在正在进行橄榄球三国赛,比赛在新西兰、澳大利亚和南非之间展开。

Todd: OK. Do you play rugby?

托德:嗯。你打橄榄球吗?

Leo: I don't play rugby. I played rugby in school, but I actually play soccer.

伦纳德:我不打橄榄球。我在学校打过橄榄球,但是现在我踢足球

Todd: Oh, really! OK. So you're kind of a, an anomaly?

托德:哦,真的呀!好的。你有点另类啊?

Leo: Yes, yes, yes! I do support the team, and I like to watch all the games.

伦纳德:对,是,没错!我非常支持全黑队,我会看所有的比赛。

Todd: Uh-huh!

托德:嗯!

Leo: And I have a lot of friends here in Japan, and we get together just to watch the game. There's actually a game this Saturday. New Zealand against Australia, which is a big one.

伦纳德:我在日本有许多朋友,我们会聚在一起看比赛。实际上这周六就有场比赛。新西兰对阵澳大利亚,这可是焦点战啊。

Todd: Are you going to watch he game?

托德:你打算看比赛吗?

Leo: Oh, Yes! Definitely!

伦纳德:当然了,一定要看!

Todd: All right! Well, go, go All Blacks.

托德:好的!嗯,加油,加油,全黑队!

Leo: That's right.

伦纳德:没错。

Todd: OK. Great. Thanks a lot Leonard.

托德:很好。非常感谢你,伦纳德。

美语情景对话 第195期:橄榄球 Rugby

重点讲解:
1. well known
adj.出名的;众所周知的;
eg. He is well-known as an illustrator of children's books.
他是个著名的儿童书籍插图画家。
eg. I'm afraid your school is not as well known as you think!
恐怕你的学校并不像你所想的那么有名。
2. get together
开会;聚会;组织;安排;凑集;
eg. This is the only forum where East and West can get together.
这是东西方可以聚首的唯一论坛。
eg. Paul and I were getting a band together, and we needed a new record deal.
当时我和保罗在组建一个乐队,我们需要签一份新唱片合约。
eg. Now you've finally got enough money together to put down a deposit on your dream home.
现在,你们终于凑足了钱,可以去为梦寐以求的房子交订金了。