当前位置

首页 > 口语英语 > 实用生活英语口语 > 美语情景对话 第316期:Rugby 橄榄球

美语情景对话 第316期:Rugby 橄榄球

推荐人: 来源: 阅读: 2.73W 次

Todd: OK, Kevin, I hear that you're from Wales.

托德:凯文,我听说你来自威尔士。

Kevin: Yes, I'm from Wales.

凯文:对,我来自威尔士。

Todd: And you're really into rugby!

托德:那你肯定非常热爱橄榄球!

Kevin: Yeah, I love rugby. Um, in Wales everybody plays rugby, in primary school, in juniorhigh school we play rugby. When I was in high school everybody in my high school had to play rugby. All the boys had to play rugby. And it's our national sport.

凯文:对,我非常喜欢橄榄球。在威尔士,所有人都玩橄榄球,我们在小学和中学都会玩橄榄球。我上高中的时候,我们学校的所有学生必须都要打橄榄球。所有的男生都必须打橄榄球。这项运动是我们的国球。

Todd: OK. Uh, do you still play now?

托德:好。那你现在还打橄榄球吗?

Kevin: Ah, I played about five years ago. I played in Japan in Kobe. The club was called Kobe Regata club.

凯文:我五年前还在打。当时我在日本神户打过橄榄球。那家俱乐部名为神户Regata俱乐部。

Todd: OK.

托德:好。

Kevin: And they were very strong. Yeah, but in this country you play on sand, but in Wales you play on grass. It's a lot easier to play rugby in Wales.

凯文:对手非常强壮。不过在日本这里橄榄球是在沙子上玩的,可是在威尔士我们是在草地上玩。在威尔士打橄榄球要容易得多。

Todd: Um, What's the best thing about rugby?

托德:橄榄球最好的地方是什么?

Kevin: Violence. Ah, it's very good because you can run and you can hit somebody and you don't go to jail for doing it 's the same as if you've been to America, the same as American football. Uh, it's very strong and when you practice you become stronger. Your body becomes stronger and it's just fun to play rugby.

凯文:暴力。这点非常好,因为你可以跑动,撞击某人,而你却不会为此而进监狱……在美国也是一样的情况,与美式橄榄球一样。嗯,这是一项强壮的运动,而你可以在练习中变得更加强壮。你的身体会变得很强壮,打橄榄球非常有乐趣。

Todd: Have you ever broken a bone or...?

托德:那你有骨折或是……

Kevin: I've broken my nose, I've had about ten stitches in my bottom lip. Ah, I've broken a finger. That's not too bad. Many of my friends have broken their legs and knees... and problems but not too bad for me.

凯文:我的鼻子骨折过,我的下嘴唇缝了十针。我的手指也骨折过。这还不算太糟。我有很多朋友的腿和膝盖都骨折过……这是这项运动的问题,不过对我来说不算太坏。

Todd: OK. Great. Thanks a lot Kevin.

托德:很好。谢谢你,凯文。

Kevin: Thank you.

凯文: 谢谢你。

美语情景对话 第316期:Rugby 橄榄球

重点讲解:
1. be into sth.
对…很感兴趣;极喜欢;
eg. He is into science fiction while I am into poems.
他喜欢科幻小说而我喜欢诗歌。
eg. Don't be into computer games, it's bad for you.
别迷上电子游戏,对你是有害的。
2. as if
好像;仿佛;
eg. She looks as if she got back to her childhood again.
她似乎又回到了她的童年时代。
eg. We must try to carry on as if nothing had happened.
我们必须继续下去,只当作什么都没有发生过。
3. the same as
与…相似;与…一样;
eg. I had to remind myself that being confident is not the same as being perfect!
我得提醒自己表现得自信和表现得完美并不是一回事!
eg. She knew he felt just the same as she did.
她知道,他的感受和她的一样。