当前位置

首页 > 英语阅读 > 英文经典故事 > 双语畅销书《我是马拉拉》第23章:伯明翰 头部中枪的女孩(6)

双语畅销书《我是马拉拉》第23章:伯明翰 头部中枪的女孩(6)

推荐人: 来源: 阅读: 3.2K 次

I was terrified that my father could be dead.

ing-bottom: 70.63%;">双语畅销书《我是马拉拉》第23章:伯明翰 头部中枪的女孩(6)
我很担心父亲是不是死了。

Then Fiona brought in a Pakistani newspaper from the week before

于是菲奥娜带了份一星期前的巴基斯坦报纸给我,

which had a photograph of my father talking to General Kayani with a shawled figure sitting at the back next to my brother. I could just see her feet.

上面有一张我父亲正在与基亚尼将军说话的照片,在他们的身后,一个戴着披肩的人和我的弟弟坐在一起。

'That's my mother!' I wrote.

我只能看到她的双脚。“那是我母亲!”我这样写道。

Later that day Dr Javid came in with his mobile phone.

那天稍晚,贾维德医生带着手机进到病房。

'We're going to call your parents,' he said.

“我们要打电话给你的父母。”他说。

My eyes shone with excitement.

我的双眼难掩兴奋。

'You won't cry, you won't weep,' he instructed me.

“你不可以大哭,也不可以啜泣。”这是他给我的建议。

He was gruff but very kind, like he had known me for ever.

他很严肃但也非常仁慈,仿佛他已经认识我一辈子了一样。

'I will give you the mobile and be strong.' I nodded.

“我会把手机拿给你,但你要坚强。”我点头。

He dialled the number, spoke and then gave me the phone.

他拨了号码,说了几句话,然后把电话交到我手中。

There was my father's voice.

那是父亲的声音。

I couldn't talk because of the tube in my neck. But I was so happy to hear him.

因为脖子上还插着氧气管,我无法说话,但我很高兴能听见他说话。

I couldn't smile because of my face, but it was as if there was a smile inside.

因为脸部受创的关系,我没有办法笑,但我的心在微笑。

'I'll come soon,' he promised. 'Now have a rest and in two days we will be there.'

“我很快就会过去,”他答应我,“好好休息,两天以后我们就会到你那里。”