当前位置

首页 > 英语阅读 > 英文经典故事 > 双语畅销书《我是马拉拉》第18章:女人与海(6)

双语畅销书《我是马拉拉》第18章:女人与海(6)

推荐人: 来源: 阅读: 2.22W 次

Then even when we got our own country there was still fighting, but this time it was between mohajirs and Pashtuns and between Sunnis and Shias.

双语畅销书《我是马拉拉》第18章:女人与海(6)
然而在我们有了自己的国家之后,冲突仍然没有平息,只是变成了穆哈吉尔和普什图之间,还有逊尼派和什叶派之间的斗争。

Instead of celebrating each other, our four provinces struggle to get along.

我们的四个省份不但没有一起庆祝独立,反而难以和平共处。

Sindhis often talk of separation and in Baluchistan there is an ongoing war which gets talked about very little because it is so remote.

信德省常常提出与其他省分歧的意见,而俾路支省虽然一直在打仗,但因为实在太偏远了,几乎无人关注。

Did all this fighting mean we needed to divide our country yet again?

这些斗争是否意味着我们应该再次把国家切割分裂呢?

When we left the museum some young men with flags were protesting outside.

我们离开博物馆时,外面有些年轻男子举着旗子在抗议。

They told us they were Seraiki speakers from southern Punjab and wanted their own province.

他们告诉我们,他们来自旁遮普省的南部,他们的语言是赛莱基语,他们想要拥有自己的省份。

There seemed to be so many things about which people were fighting.

人们可以找到无数的理由进行争斗。

If Christians, Hindus or Jews are really our enemies, as so many say, why are we Muslims fighting with each other?

但如果像那些人说的基督徒、印度教徒和犹太人都是我们的敌人,那我们穆斯林之间为什么还要内斗?

We should focus on practical issues.

我们应该把关注点放在更为实际的事上:

We have so many people in our country who are illiterate. And many women have no education at all.

我们国内有这么多人是文盲,许多女性完全没有接受过教育;

We live in a place where schools are blown up.

在我们的国家里,学校会被炸;

We have no reliable electricity supply.

我们没有稳定的电力;

Not a single day passes without the killing of at least one Pakistani.

每一天都有巴基斯坦人被杀害。