当前位置

首页 > 英语阅读 > 英文经典故事 > 双语畅销书《我是马拉拉》第16章:悲伤之谷(11)

双语畅销书《我是马拉拉》第16章:悲伤之谷(11)

推荐人: 来源: 阅读: 9.39K 次

But my father had a big problem.

双语畅销书《我是马拉拉》第16章:悲伤之谷(11)
但父亲却遇到了一个大麻烦。

While we had been IDPs and for all the months the school had been closed he had collected no fees, but the teachers still expected to be paid.

在我们沦为国内难民的那几个月中,学校关闭了,他收不到任何学费,但老师们仍希望能拿到薪水。

Altogether that would be over one million rupees.

算一算,这笔支出超过100多万卢比。

All the private schools were in the same boat.

所有的私立学校都遇到了相同的问题。

One school gave its teachers salaries for a month, but most didn't know what to do as they couldn't afford to pay.

有一所学校给老师们发了一个月的薪水,但大多数学校都无计可施,因为校方付不出钱来。

The teachers at the Khushal School demanded something.

胡沙尔学校的老师们需要收入

They had their own expenses, and one of them, Miss Hera, was about to get married and had been relying on her salary to help pay for the ceremony.

他们有自己的开销,而其中的一位赫拉小姐准备要结婚了,她需要这份薪水来支付婚宴的费用。

My father was in a fix.

父亲陷入困境。

Then we remembered General Abbas and his visiting card.

然后,我们忽然想起阿巴斯将军和他的名片。

It was because of the army operation to expel the Taliban that we had all had to leave and found ourselves in this situation now.

正是因为军方驱逐塔利班的行动,我们才被迫离开,才陷入目前的困境。

So Madam Maryam and I wrote an email to General Abbas explaining the situation.

所以,玛丽安女士和我写了一封电子邮件给阿巴斯将军,解释现在的情况。

He was very kind and sent us 1,100,000 rupees so my father could pay everyone three months' back pay.

他很慷慨,寄给我们110万卢比,父亲因此得以支付每个教师三个月的欠薪。

The teachers were so happy. Most had never received so much money at once.

教师们都非常开心,很多人从未一次性拿到过这么多钱。

Miss Hera called my father in tears, grateful that her wedding could go ahead as planned.

赫拉小姐含泪感谢我父亲,她的婚礼可以依照原先的计划举办了。

This didn't mean we went easy on the army.

这并不表示我们就原谅军方了。

We were very unhappy about the army's failure to capture the Taliban leadership, and my father and I continued to give lots of interviews.

我们对军方猎捕塔利班高层计划的失败感到非常不满。父亲和我依旧接受很多访问。