当前位置

首页 > 英语阅读 > 英文经典故事 > 双语畅销书《我是马拉拉》第13章:古尔玛凯的日记(10)

双语畅销书《我是马拉拉》第13章:古尔玛凯的日记(10)

推荐人: 来源: 阅读: 2.16W 次

Adam was astonished.

双语畅销书《我是马拉拉》第13章:古尔玛凯的日记(10)
亚当很震惊。

'What's wrong with you people?'

“你们这些人怎么回事呀?”

he asked Irfan and my father.

他问伊凡与我的父亲,

'She speaks better English than the rest of you and you're translating for her!'

“她的英文说得比你们都好,你们还在这儿帮她翻译!”

We all laughed.

我们都大笑起来。

The original idea for the documentary had been to follow my father on the last day of school, but at the end of the meeting Irfan asked me,

原定的计划是在学校关闭的这一天,跟拍我父亲一天的经历。但是会晤结束时伊凡问我:

'What would you do if there comes a day when you can't go back to your valley and school?'

“如果有一天,你再也不能回到你的河谷和你的学校,你该怎么办呢?”

I said this wouldn't happen.

我说这样的事情永远都不会发生。

Then he insisted and I started to weep.

他坚持要我回答,我开始落泪。

I think it was then that Adam decided he should focus on me.

我想应该是在那时,亚当决定把焦点转移到我的身上。

Adam could not come to Swat because it was too dangerous for foreigners.

亚当无法亲临斯瓦特,因为这对一名外国人来说太危险。

When Irfan and a cameraman arrived in Mingora, our uncle, who was staying with us, said over and over that it was too risky to have cameras in our house.

当伊凡与一名摄影师抵达明戈拉时,跟我们待在一起的舅舅一遍又一遍地跟我们说在家里摆一台摄影机有多么危险。

My father also kept telling them to hide the cameras.

因此,父亲也一再告诫他们要把摄影机藏好。

But they had come a long way and it's hard for us as Pashtuns to refuse hospitality.

但他们远道而来,而且热情好客又是我们普什图人的传统,所以我们无法拒绝。

Besides, my father knew this could be our megaphone to the outside world.

此外,父亲也深知,这会是我们用来对外界说话的麦克风。

His friend had told him it would make far more impact than him roaming from pillar to post.

他的朋友告诉他,这样做带来的影响力,远比他行遍乡里要大得多。