当前位置

首页 > 口语英语 > 英语突破情景对话 > 迷你对话学地道口语第67期:催促迫使

迷你对话学地道口语第67期:催促迫使

推荐人: 来源: 阅读: 1.59W 次

迷你对话:

迷你对话学地道口语第67期:催促迫使

A:Hurry up! Time is money!

快点!时间就是金钱。

B:Don't build a fire under me. I know the importance of time.

别催我,我知道时间的重要性。

A:But you are too slow to follow them.

但是你太慢了,跟不上他们。

B:Don't you see I'm trying my best?

你没看见我正在尽力吗?

地道表达:

build a fire under sb

小编讲解:

buil是动词,有“构成,形成,使成为”的意思,build fire就是“生火”的意思,build a fire under sb字面意思是“在某人的脚下点把火”,引申为“催促某人行动起来”。

支持范例:

landlord built a fire under the poor pesants for the debt.

地主催促可怜的农民还债。

't build a fire under us for an answer to your request.

不要催促我答复你们的请求。

are building a fire under them to take an action.

他们催促他采取行动。

boss built a fire under his emplyee to make an explaination to it.

老板催促他的雇员对这件事做出解释。

词海拾贝:

y up:赶快,快点

y up, or we'll be too late to get anything to eat.

快走吧, 再晚了就吃不上饭了。

y up or we will miss the train.

快点儿,不然我们就赶不上火车了。

' s hurry up so that we may finish the work in time.

咱们快一点,好及时完成任务。

'll have to hurry up if we want to finish it today.

想今天完活,我们就得抓紧点儿了。

... to...:太......而不能......

is too youg to bear the misery.

年纪太小了不能承受这样的痛苦。

is too stupid to get through the final exam.

Mary智力太差了,不能通过期末考试。

manage is too busy to have a talk to you about your salary.

经理太忙了,没法和你谈你的薪水问题。

one's best:尽力,努力

Eg.I try my best, but the coach finds fault with everything I do.

我已经尽力了,但是教练仍然百般对我做的每一件事挑剔。

Eg.I'll try my best to procure you that original French novel.

我将尽全力给你搞到那本原版法国小说。

have been trying our best to come up with a solution.

我一直在竭力相处一个解决办法。

特别申明:该节目迷你对话精选自口语书籍,其余讲解部分均为可可编辑原创,未经授权请勿转载。