当前位置

首页 > 口语英语 > 实用生活英语口语 > 美语情景对话 第408期:Wake Up 起床

美语情景对话 第408期:Wake Up 起床

推荐人: 来源: 阅读: 1.94K 次

Todd: So, what did you do today?

托德:你今天做什么了?

Ruth: Well, actually, I got up this morning quite early. I couldn't sleep so I was a little bit annoyed and then I went to church and I had some lunch and..

鲁斯:实际上,我今天起得非常早。我睡不着了,所以我有点生气,之后我就去了教堂,然后吃了午餐。

Todd: OK, but, you said early, like how early?

托德:刚刚你说起得很早,那是多早?

Ruth: Well, I think it was about 7 o'clock.

鲁斯:嗯,我想大概是七点左右吧。

Todd: That's not early.

托德:那可并不早。

Ruth: That is early if you went to bed at 1.

鲁斯:如果你是凌晨一点才睡觉的话,那个时间很早。

Todd: That's true. That's sleeping in for me.

托德:那倒没错。对我来说那个时间就是睡过头了。

Ruth: That's sleeping in. That's true. You're an early bird aren't you?

鲁斯:睡过头了。那倒是。你是早起的人,对吧?

Todd: Now, last night we went out and had the beers.

托德:昨天晚上我们出去喝啤酒了。

Ruth: Yeah!

鲁斯:对啊!

Todd: I was actually quite happy this morning. I had no hangover.

托德:我今天早上非常高兴。我没有宿醉的症状。

Ruth: Did you not? (No) I felt a little bit queasy this morning, and I was a bit ashamed, and I didn't even drink very much. I wasn't, I didn't feel queasy. I think it was more that I hadn't had any sleep actually.

鲁斯:你没有吗?(没有)我今天早上有点恶心,我感到有点不好意思,因为我并没有喝太多。我没有,我没有恶心,我想只是因为我睡得不够。

Todd: Yeah, did you feel guilty in church knowing that you still had the beer buzz?

托德:是啊,你在教堂的时候有没有因为还在宿醉而感到罪恶感?

Ruth: No. I didn't feel guilty about that.

鲁斯:没有,我没有为那种事感到有罪恶感。

Todd: Yeah, that would be tough one. No, I still got up this morning at 5:45.

托德:好吧,那很难。不过我今天早上还是凌晨5点45分起床的。

Ruth: 5:45!

鲁斯:5点45!

Todd: Yeah.

托德:是啊。

Ruth: You must be a lunatic.

鲁斯:你一定是个疯子。

Todd: Well, I mean when the light comes up and the light goes through your window, I don't know how people can still sleep. You know? You can sleep when the light, the sunrise still comes up?

托德:嗯,我是说天一亮,阳光就会从窗户照射进来,我不理解这样人们怎么还能睡觉。你知道吗?你在天亮了以后,太阳升起来以后还能睡觉吗?

Ruth: Yeah, not for too, I mean I can't sleep forever, but like, 7 o'clock, 8 o'clock, then my body wakes up.

鲁斯:是啊,我也不能,我是说我也不能一直睡,比如七、八点的时候,我的身体就会醒来。

Todd: The apartment I was at before, it was crazy because there was a rooster outside, and it didn't do what it was supposed to do, like normally when the sun comes up, the rooster is supposed to go, "er-er-er-er" or whatever, but this thing did it at like 1 and 2 in the morning. It used to drive me nuts, so I used to always wake up at 2 because I'd hear this rooster going "er-er-er" and I just wanted to kill that bird.

托德:我以前住得那个公寓很疯狂,因为外面有公鸡,可是它却并没有做它应该做的事情,比如通常情况下太阳升起来以后,公鸡应该打鸣,可是这只公鸡却在凌晨一、两点的时候打鸣,那真的快把我逼疯了,所以那时我总是在凌晨两点醒来,因为我听到了公鸡打鸣,我真想杀了那只鸡。

Ruth: Did you go sleep, back to sleep after that?

鲁斯:在那之后你还会继续睡吗?

Todd: Yeah, of course I went back to sleep, but the bird would wake me up regularly. Yeah. No roosters here.

托德:当然,我会继续睡觉,但是这只鸡总是让我醒过来。不过这里没有公鸡。

Ruth: That's not funny is it?

鲁斯:那并不好笑不是吗?

Todd: Yeah.

托德:是啊。

美语情景对话 第408期:Wake Up 起床

重点讲解:
1. sleep in
睡过头;睡懒觉;
eg. I can finally sleep in tomorrow!
明天终于可以睡懒觉了!
eg. He loves to sleep in on the weekends.
他喜欢在周末时睡懒觉。
2. come up
(太阳、月亮)升起;
eg. It will be so great watching the sun come up.
看着太阳冉冉升起将是十分美妙的事情。
eg. This much is certain: The sun will come up tomorrow.
有一点是明白无误的:明天太阳依然升起。
3. wake up
醒;醒来;唤醒;弄醒;
eg. Maybe everything will be fine by the time we wake up.
也许等我们醒来的时候一切都好起来了。
eg. I'll wake you up when it's time to leave.
到了走的时候我会叫醒你。
4. be supposed to do sth.
本应该(发生而没有发生);
eg. You were supposed to be here at six thirty.
你本应该六点半就到这儿。
eg. The sports meeting was supposed to take place on Tuesday, but we had to postpone it due to the bad weather.
运动会本应该在星期五召开,但是由于糟糕的天气不得不推迟。
5. drive sb. nuts
把某人逼疯; 使某人发疯;
eg. Lady, people like you used to drive me nuts.
女士,我以前遇到你这种人很抓狂。
eg. The noise next door drive me nuts!
隔壁的噪音快把我逼疯了!