当前位置

首页 > 口语英语 > 实用生活英语口语 > The english we speak(BBC教学)第113期:cheesy 俗气

The english we speak(BBC教学)第113期:cheesy 俗气

推荐人: 来源: 阅读: 1.7W 次

The english we speak(BBC教学)第113期:cheesy 俗气

Neil: Hello and welcome to The English We Speak I'm Neil and with me today is Li.

尼尔:大家好,欢迎来到地道英语节目,我是尼尔,今天和我一起主持节目的是李。

Li: Hi there I'm Li. Today's word is 'cheesy' and look here Neil, I've got something cheesy for you!

李:大家好,我是李。今天我们要讲的单词是cheesy,尼尔,看这里,我给你带了一些奶酪制品!

Neil: Oh cheese crackers! Yummy… don't you like them?

尼尔:哦,奶酪饼干!好吃……你不喜欢吃吗?

Li: No I find them too cheesy. As I don't eat cheese, I find the flavour a bit too strong.

李:不,我觉得它们奶酪叶太重了。我不吃奶酪,所以我认为这个味道太重了。

Neil: I like cheese and I love all cheesy food. (Short pause) but I don't like this music you're playing… it's too cheesy.

尼尔:我喜欢奶酪,我喜欢所有的奶酪食品。(短暂停顿)不过我不喜欢你播放的这首音乐……这歌太俗了。

Li: Too cheesy? Do you mean the music is no good? It's Christmas…

李:太俗?你是觉得这首歌不好吗?可是现在是圣诞节……

Neil: Well it's all right for this time of the year and it goes with the festive mood. But generally speaking it's too predicable, cheap and cheerful. Let's listen to a couple of examples:

尼尔:一年中这个时候放这首歌还好,这和节日氛围很配。不过一般来说,这歌总是一成不变,俗气又欢快。我们来听一些例子:

A: Would you like to go to the pantomime next week, thought it'd be fun.

A:下周你想去看童话剧吗,我想会很有意思的。

B: Em… I know children love it but I find it a bit too cheesy. I used to love it as a kid.

B:额……我知道孩子们很喜欢,不过我觉得那太俗了。我还是孩子的时候很喜欢看。

A: Hi everyone I am organising our Christmas dinner. How about going back to The Cheshire Cheese pub?

A:大家好,我要负责咱们的圣诞晚餐。我们还去 Cheshire Cheese酒吧怎么样?

B: The food was excellent, but you know what? The music there was a bit too cheesy,

B:那里的食物非常棒,不过你知道吗,那里的音乐有点俗。

A: Cheesy? Of course. Maybe that's why the pub is called ' The Cheshire Cheese'.

A:俗?当然了。也许那就是这家酒店叫做Cheshire Cheese的原因。

The English We Speak

这里是地道英语节目

Li: The second speaker there came across as a bit snobbish, don't you think?

李:第二个说话的人听上去有点傲慢,你觉得呢?

Neil: Yes the word does have a slightly negative connotation, something too superficial and simple and …

尼尔:对,这个词有轻微的贬义,形容某些事过于肤浅,过于简单……

Li: Not deep and sophisticated?

李:不是深刻又复杂?

Neil: No.

尼尔:不是。

Li: I see. Remember what you said about the music I’m playing? So you mean my taste in music is not very sophisticated?

李:我明白了。你记得你刚怎么说我播放的音乐吗?所以你的意思是我对音乐的品味不高雅?

Neil: No, don't get me wrong. It's only that one particular piece because I've heard it so many times. Well I must say that your taste in clothes is fabulous. (Pause to get a closer look) Is this a new coat? Never seen it before?

尼尔:不是,别误会我的意思。只是那一首,因为我听过太多次了。不过我必须要说,你对衣着的品味非常棒。(停下,近距离看)这件是新买的大衣吗?我以前从来没看见过。

Li: Yes?

李:对啊。

Neil: I think the bright colours suit you really well, your face is lit up and you look very… attractive… and… charming… and….

尼尔:我认为鲜艳的颜色真的非常适合你,你的脸色也提亮了,而且你看起来非常……迷人……而且有魅力……而且……

Li: Oh, stop it Neil. I never knew you can be so cheesy! Come on, please have some cheese crackers and that'll stop your cheesy compliments…

李:行了,尼尔,够了。我从来不知道你可以这么肉麻!来吃些奶酪饼干吧,这可以堵住你那廉价的赞美……

Neil: Li, you're blushing!

尼尔:李,你脸红了!

Li: Bye for now.

李:现在该说再见了。

Neil: Bye.

尼尔:再见。

重点讲解:
1. come across
使产生…印象;给人以…的印象;
eg. When sober he can come across as an extremely pleasant and charming young man...
没喝醉的时候,他看上去似乎是个极为彬彬有礼、讨人喜欢的小伙子。
eg. He came across very, very well.
他给人的印象非常非常好。
2. don't get me wrong
别误会我的意思;
eg. Please don' t get me wrong, I' m not criticizing you.
请不要误解我,我并不是批评你。
eg. Don't get me wrong, I just want to help you.
别误会,我只是想帮你。
3. light up
照亮;发亮;
eg. A brilliant sun lit up their rooms.
灿烂的阳光照亮了他们的屋子。
eg. And you've got a smile that could light up this whole town.
你脸上浮现了一抹能照亮整个小镇的微笑。