当前位置

首页 > 商务英语 > 常用商务英语口语 > 365天实用商务口语 第14期:投诉与索赔

365天实用商务口语 第14期:投诉与索赔

推荐人: 来源: 阅读: 1.56W 次

I have a complaint.

365天实用商务口语 第14期:投诉与索赔

我要投诉。

When we unwrapped the cases, we found the goods partly soaked by rain.

打开箱子的时候,我们发现货物被雨水浸了个半透。

We found half the goods broken.

我们发现一半的货物都碎了。

It's obvious that the fruits are no longer suitable for consumption.

很明显,这些水果已经不能吃了。

The result of our investigation said the damage was caused sometime in transit.

我们调查的结果是,货物是在运输途中的某个时候受损的。

According to our survey report, the damage was caused by poor packing.

据我们的调查报告显示,损坏是由于包装不当引起的。

Our surveyors stated that carelessness on the part of the manufacturer caused the shortage.

我们的调查员申明是生产厂家的粗心导致了短缺。

We have no alternative but to file a claim.

我们没办法只能提出索赔。

We claim a compensation of $10,000.

我们要求赔偿一万美元。

Please make an investigation and send us the goods to meet the shortage as soon as possible.

请调查此事,并尽快将货物发给我们以弥补数量的不足。

Making A Complain and Cleaning the Loss

投诉与索赔

The home office asked me to drop in on you. They said you have a complaint.

总公司要我来拜访您。他们说您要投诉。

Sorry, but I have a complaint.

抱歉,但我是要投诉。

What's the nature of the problem?

出了什么问题?

We can't use most of the material you sent us on the last shipment. Some were water-stained. some soiled.

你们上一批送来的材料,大部分都不能用。有些有了水痕,有些污损了。

I suppose you won't be convinced until you have seen it with your own eyes.

我想您要是不亲眼看一看是不会相信的。

Really? I'm sorry to hear that.

真的吗?听到这样的事情发生我很抱歉。

Look! These bales don't appear to have been properly packed. They have become soaked.

您看看。这几包显然是没有包装好,全浸透了。

But the goods were in fine condition when shipped.

可是,装船的时候货物的情况还是很好啊。

The result of our investigation said the damage was caused sometime in transit, but it's inadequate packing which allowed damages to the packages in the first place.

我们调查的结果是,货物是在运输途中的某个时候受损的,不过还是因为起初的包装不合格,才导致了这些损伤。

[qh]

1.“drop in on sb.”表示“顺道拜访某人”,例如:I thought I'd drop in on you while l was passing.” (我原想路过时顺道去看看你。)另外,“drop into sth.”意为“顺道去某地”,例如:Sorry,we're late; we dropped into a pub on the way.(对不起,我们迟到了,我们中途顺道去了酒馆。)此外,口语中也常用“drop by”或“drop round”来表示“顺道拜访”,需要注意的是它们是不及物动词短语,后面不能接宾语,例如:I just drop by to see how you are getting on.(我只是顺道来看看你们进展得怎么样了)The kids drop round and see her from time to time.(孩子们时不时地会顺道来看看地。)[qh]
2.“in the first place”在这里的意思是“起初,最初”,例如:I wish I'd never got involved in the first place.(我真希望我最初的时候就没有牵涉进来。)另外,该短语还可用于列举理由或观点,常译为“首先,第一点”,例如: In the first place. I'm too busy, and in the second I don't want to go.(首先,我很忙,其次,我不想去。)[qh]
何为贸易仲裁[qh]
仲裁是指经济纠纷双方当事人根据仲裁协议自愿将纠纷提交选定的经济仲裁机构,由该机构依照一定的程序做出裁决的活动。对外贸易仲裁是解决贸易争议( dispute)的一种方式。按照国际惯例和我国对外贸易的经验,买卖双方发生争议时,一般有四种解决争议的途径:协商( negotiation)、调解(conciliation)、仲裁(arbitration)和诉讼 litigation )。[qh]
在我国的进出口贸易中,绝大多数的争议是通过双方的友好协商解决的。但在某些场合下,完全依靠友好协商解决不了问题。遇到这种情况,就必须进行调解、仲裁或是诉讼。仲裁是最常用的一种。在对外贸易进出口合同中,一般都制定有仲裁条款,其主要内容包括仲裁地点、仲裁机构、仲裁程序和仲裁费用,以便在买卖双方发生争议后进行仲裁。[qh]