当前位置

首页 > 英语阅读 > 英文经典故事 > 双语畅销书《我是马拉拉》第21章:主啊 我将她托付给你(12)

双语畅销书《我是马拉拉》第21章:主啊 我将她托付给你(12)

推荐人: 来源: 阅读: 4.64K 次

'But I thought the bullet hadn't entered her brain,' said my father.

双语畅销书《我是马拉拉》第21章:主啊 我将她托付给你(12)
“但子弹不是没有射中大脑吗?”父亲问。

Colonel Junaid explained that a bone had fractured and splinters had gone into my brain, creating a shock and causing it to swell.

朱奈德上校解释说:我的头骨裂开,碎片掉进大脑里,我的大脑受到震荡,导致大脑开始肿胀。

He needed to remove some of my skull to give the brain space to expand, otherwise the pressure would become unbearable.

他必须移除部分头骨,给肿胀的大脑一点空间,不然我会脑压过高。

'We need to operate now to give her a chance,' he said. 'If we don't, she may die.

“我们必须立即进行手术,她才有存活的机会。”他说,“如果我们不动手术,她可能就活不下去了。

I don't want you to look back and regret not taking action.'

我不希望以后当你回想此刻,会后悔自己没有采取行动。”

Cutting away some of my skull sounded very drastic to my father.

切除头骨对于父亲来说十分恐怖。

'Will she survive?' he asked desperately, but was given little reassurance at that stage.

“她能撑过去吗?”他绝望地问道,但并没有得到明确的答复。

It was a brave decision by Colonel Junaid, whose superiors were not convinced and were being told by other people that I should be sent abroad.

朱奈德上校的这个决定非常勇敢,但他的主管不同意,有人告诉他的主管我应该被转到国外治疗。

It was a decision that would save my life.

这是一个对我来说真正生死攸关的决定。

My father told him to go ahead, and Colonel Junaid said he would bring in Dr Mumtaz to help.

父亲同意开刀,朱奈德上校表示他会找墨姆塔兹医生来协助。

My father's hand shook as he signed the consent papers.

签下手术同意书的时候,父亲的手颤抖不已。

There in black and white were the words 'the patient may die'.

同意书上白纸黑字地写着:患者有死亡的风险。

They started the operation around 1.30 a.m.

凌晨一点半左右,手术开始了。

My mother and father sat outside the operating theatre.

母亲和父亲坐在手术室外面。

'O God, please make Malala well,' prayed my father.

“噢,主啊,请你让马拉拉康复吧。”父亲祈祷道。