当前位置

首页 > 英语阅读 > 英文经典故事 > 双语畅销书《我是马拉拉》第21章:主啊 我将她托付给你(11)

双语畅销书《我是马拉拉》第21章:主啊 我将她托付给你(11)

推荐人: 来源: 阅读: 2.42K 次

My father was bewildered by all the people gathered outside – politicians, government dignitaries, provincial ministers – who had come to show their sympathy. Even the governor was there;

双语畅销书《我是马拉拉》第21章:主啊 我将她托付给你(11)
医院外面聚集着形形色色的人,有政客、政府高层、首席部长,甚至连省督都来了。他们都是来表达对我的同情。但父亲被这些人搞得不知所措。

he gave my father 100,000 rupees for my treatment.

省督给了父亲十万卢比,作为我的医疗费使用。

In our society if someone dies, you feel very honoured if one dignitary comes to your home.

根据我们的传统,如果家里有人去世了,有高官来慰问是一件很光荣的事。

But now he was irritated.

但现在父亲却很烦躁。

He felt all these people were just waiting for me to die when they had done nothing to protect me.

他认为这些人之前完全没有保护我,现在也只是在等我死去而已。

Later, while they were eating, Atal turned on the TV. My father immediately turned it off.

后来,他们吃饭时,阿塔尔打开了电视,父亲立即就关掉了。

He couldn't face seeing news of my attack at that moment.

那时,他无法承受再看到有关我被攻击的新闻节目了。

When he left the room Maryam switched it back on.

等他离开饭厅,玛丽安再次打开电视。

Every channel was showing footage of me with a commentary of prayers and moving poems as if I had died.

每个频道都是我的画面,配上祈祷和感人的诗句,好像我已经死了一样。

'My Malala, my Malala,' my mother wailed and Maryam joined her.

“我的马拉拉,我的马拉拉啊!”母亲大哭起来,玛丽安也泪流满面

Around midnight Colonel Junaid asked to meet my father outside the ICU.

到了大约午夜时,朱奈德上校把父亲叫到重症加护病房外面。

'Ziauddin, Malala's brain is swelling.'

“齐亚乌丁,马拉拉的脑部肿起来了。”

My father didn't understand what this meant.

父亲不明白这是什么意思。

The doctor told him I had started to deteriorate; my consciousness was fading, and I had again been vomiting blood.

朱奈德上校告诉父亲,我的情况恶化了:我的意识开始模糊,也再次开始吐血。

Colonel Junaid ordered a third CT scan. This showed that my brain was swelling dangerously.

他送我去做了第三次断层扫描。扫描结果显示大脑的肿胀程度很危险。